Friday, October 2, 2009

Anyone for a Flight?



Tonight we are going to this great, but somewhat expensive for our small town area restaurant/bar called 626 Rood. That's their name and that's their address, pretty clever huh?

What IS clever about this place is their great list of wine flights. What's a wine flight you ask? A wine flight is a non-committal person's dream.

A wine flight consists of three different kinds of wine of some common theme. There's a French flight, a Syrah flight, and a California flight for example. There's more but I can't remember all of them. The server pours you a bit of three different wines in three separate glasses. A bit is a little more than a taste but definitely not a whole glass. It's heaven. I get tired of the same old wine so easily in a big old full glass and this keeps me a little teased, maybe wanting more, maybe not.

These flights are perfect with the tapas they serve at the restaurant. Tapas are the Italians way of saying appetizers. I love saying we're going to a tapas bar. Because reading looks perfectly normal and saying always makes people reply "Topless?! You, Kris Brandt, are going to a topless bar?" (Go ahead say it, you'll know immediately what I mean) And then I set them straight. I'm NOT going to a topless bar, Kenny maybe going to a topless bar for all I know later, but I'm going to the tapas bar.

Ok, off we go!

Remember imbibe and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment