Saturday, February 1, 2014

It's a Miracle?

So for all my miracle believing friends, I'd say this was a miracle.

Now it's New Year's Eve 2013.......

When I sleepily awoke in my hospital bed, I was happily dreaming in Spanish.  The nurse walked into the room and said "Good morning."  I responded in Spanish.  She looked at me puzzled and flipped into Spanish as well and asked me how I slept. "Muy bien."  As I became alert, I continued to speak to her in Spanish and we talked about my breakfast to come.  As she took my right arm to take a blood sample, she continued to speak in Spanish but as I became fully alert, I was no longer fluent in Spanish and could no longer understand all that she said without great effort.  I said "Sorry, I'm not fluent."  She looked at me puzzled again and flipped back to English.  As blood was draining from my body in a very controlled way, I was thinking "Whoa! This is cool what else can I do?"

Since the seizure, this is now one of the things I can do now that I couldn't do in the past two years or ever in some cases is:

I am now able to add, multiple and divide large numbers in my head.  So far I can multiple 3 numbers by 3 numbers without too much trouble.  I can add 6 digit numbers up to 4 in a row without thinking about it. Division is a little more complicated, so I can only divide 2 number up to 3 digits each.  I have never been able to do the division in my head before like I can now.  I can remember the number Pi up to 20 digits past the decimal point.  And remembering phone numbers, even the out of the country numbers, is a piece of cake.  You may think, what is the big deal......I can do that in my sleep.

The big deal is........after the stroke I had in 2012, I couldn't remember anything.  Adding 2 numbers together was an amazing feat.  Phone numbers?  Thank god for speed dial.

No comments:

Post a Comment