Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fluorescent Orange Alien

So now the wine is sitting in the winery (closet) becoming......wine. No work required for that.....now. Thus, it's time to pay attention to the ever changing vineyard. Geez, it's like a kid.

Thus, I'm walking on the south side of the vineyard and I see a bright, fluorescent orange. Shoot, you can't miss it. Oh-h-h-h-h no. It truly is fluorescent orange, super bright orange. It's weird. It's unnatural. It looks like that 70s silly string in the can, remember? You spray it on people, but it doesn't stick. It's just like that. Super- duper orange.

And even more unnatural is its super hero action of starting from a small, unobtrusive bunch white buds into a spider-webby big pile of choking death in a mere couple of hours. It wraps around the vine like a python, killing whatever it touches.

This spurs me to action, not so superhero, unfortunately. And thus, the job of the day begins. I walk up and down the rows with shovel in hand attacking the orange alien creatures. You have to dig down to get to the roots, otherwise they'll pop up again. Like the aliens. Fortunately, the roots are shallow.

I thought I'd look it up on the internet what this alien creature is for kicks, and I can't find any information about it. Anybody know? Everytime I search for fluorescent orange climbing vine, the internet comes up with something having to do with marijuana. Marijuana? I hope not. Otherwise I'm digging up my cash cow. Geez, who needs grapes? We got pot. Producing alcohol and drugs?! Alright.

While pondering what the heck this superhero vine creature is I'm drinking 2008 Santa Rita 120 Carmenere, $6.99. Carmanere is my favorite wine from Chile. It's always super cheap and never disappointing. Dark red and lucious, with great legs. It has strong tannins, but the fruitiness is so also strong. Thus, they compliment each other. Yum

Remember imbibe and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. its called Dodder. try looking that up instead:-)

    ReplyDelete