Friday, June 25, 2010

The Trunks are Outta Here!




The first step in re-training the vines is complete! Last year's dead wood is a thing of the past. Now on to bringing up the new growth back to the first wire.



You gotta take the successes where you can get them.



One of the things I noticed this year compare to last year is this year the vines look a lot hardier. They look like they've established themselves and are ready for business. At least that's what I'm hoping anyway.



The old trunks and branches get mowed up by the tractor to become mulch in the field. That should help keep the nitrogen high for the vines to absorb.



I was drinking wine with my next door neighbor last night and asked him if their vineyard was this much work at the beginning. Over a supersize bottle of Beringer Pinto Grigio he assured me that what is happening is completly normal. Who needs a shrink?



Remember enjoy and imbibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment